Experience the Best of Paris: Top 5 Must-See Tourist Attractions
Paris is a city that is overflowing with history, culture, and beauty. From its iconic landmarks to its charming neighbourhoods, there is always something new to discover in the City of Love. Here are the top five must-see tourist attractions in Paris that you won't want to miss:
- Eiffel Tower: The Eiffel Tower is the most iconic symbol of Paris and is a must-see for any visitor to the city. Standing at over 1,000 feet tall, the Eiffel Tower is the tallest structure in Paris and offers breathtaking views of the city from its observation decks. You can take an elevator or climb the stairs to the top of the tower to take in the views, or simply marvel at its impressive architecture from the ground. The Eiffel Tower is especially beautiful at night, when it is illuminated with thousands of twinkling lights.
- Louvre Museum: The Louvre is the world's largest museum and is home to some of the most famous works of art in the world, including the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. The museum is so vast that it's impossible to see everything in just one visit, so be sure to plan your time wisely. The Louvre is home to over 35,000 works of art, so there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- Notre Dame Cathedral: Notre Dame Cathedral is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture and is one of the most famous churches in the world. The cathedral is known for its stunning stained glass windows, soaring buttresses, and elaborate carvings. You can take a guided tour of the cathedral or simply marvel at its exterior from the outside. The cathedral is especially beautiful at night, when it is lit up with a warm golden glow.
- Montmartre: Montmartre is a charming neighbourhood located on a hill in the north of Paris. It's known for its bohemian atmosphere, narrow streets, and stunning views of the city. Be sure to visit the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur, a beautiful white dome that sits atop the hill and offers panoramic views of the city. Montmartre is also home to a number of quaint cafes and artists' studios, so it's a great place to spend an afternoon exploring.
- Champs-Elysées: The Champs-Elysées is one of the most famous streets in the world and is a must-see for any visitor to Paris. It's lined with luxury stores, theatres, and restaurants and is always bustling with activity. At the end of the street, you'll find the Arc de Triomphe, another iconic Parisian landmark. The Arc de Triomphe offers breathtaking views of the city and is a great place to watch the sunset.
These are just a few of the many amazing tourist attractions that Paris has to offer. If Whether you're interested in art, history, or just soaking up the city's charming atmosphere, there is something for everyone to enjoy in the City of Love. Don't miss out on the opportunity to experience all that Paris has to offer – make sure to add these top five attractions to your itinerary and check out one of our FreeGuides tours. We recommend the ‘Best Things to do in Paris’ self guided walking tour, along with ‘Guide to Enjoy the Nightlife in Paris’.