Exploring Manly Beach: A Guide for Adventurers
Are you looking for an adventure-filled trip to Sydney, Australia? Look no further than Manly Beach! Located just a short ferry ride away from Sydney's bustling CBD, Manly Beach offers visitors a laid-back vibe, pristine beaches, and endless opportunities for exploration. In this guide, we'll provide you with everything you need to know to make the most of your trip to Manly Beach.
Getting to Manly Beach
Getting to Manly Beach is easy and fun! The most popular way to get there is by taking a ferry from Circular Quay in Sydney's CBD. The ferry ride takes about 30 minutes and offers stunning views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. Once you arrive in Manly, you can easily walk to the beach or rent a bike to explore the area.
Things to Do
Manly Beach is a haven for adventure seekers. From surfing to snorkeling, there's something for everyone. Here are some of our top recommendations:
- Learn to Surf: Manly Beach is one of the best places in Australia to learn how to surf. Book a lesson with a local surf school, such as Manly Surf School or Australian Surf Tours, and you'll be up on a board in no time.
- Go Snorkeling: The waters around Manly Beach are home to a diverse range of marine life, including colorful fish, sea turtles, and even the occasional shark (don't worry, they're harmless!). Rent a snorkel and explore the underwater world.
- Take a Coastal Walk: The Manly to Spit Bridge Coastal Walk is a must-do for anyone visiting the area. The 10km trail takes you through rugged coastal terrain, secluded beaches, and stunning lookouts.
- Go Whale Watching: From May to November, humpback whales migrate past Sydney's coastline. Book a whale watching tour with a local operator, such as Fantasea Cruising or Manly Whale Watching, for a chance to see these majestic creatures up close.
Where to Eat
Manly Beach has a thriving food scene, with a variety of options to suit all tastes and budgets. Here are some of our top picks:
- Hemingway's: This Cuban-inspired bar and restaurant is a local favorite, serving up delicious cocktails and share plates.
- Manly Wine: With stunning ocean views and a menu featuring fresh seafood and local produce, Manly Wine is the perfect spot for a romantic dinner or a long lunch with friends.
- Daniel San: This Japanese-inspired restaurant and bar is a fun and lively spot to enjoy delicious food and drinks.
Where to Stay
Manly Beach has a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets, from backpacker hostels to luxury hotels. Here are some of our top picks:
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach: Located right on the beachfront, The Sebel is a luxurious option with stunning ocean views.
- Manly Beach House: This backpacker hostel is located just a short walk from the beach and offers affordable accommodation in a fun and social atmosphere.
- Q Station: This former quarantine station has been converted into a hotel and offers a unique and historic accommodation option just a short drive from Manly Beach.
Manly Beach is a must-visit destination for anyone looking for adventure, relaxation, and a true Aussie beach experience. From surfing to snorkeling to coastal walks, there's something for everyone. So pack your bags and head to Manly Beach for a trip you'll never forget!